As another academic library, summer holidays are also when we are able to do larger reclassification projects (though as a “guerrilla reclassification” library, we do also do them at other points in the year when we can …).  We are lucky that the library has a long history of summer projects, especially ones which involve more than one area of library staff, so we have fed reclassification projects into that mix.

What do others think about the timing of reclassification projects? How much does the time of year affect or influence your reclassification?

Debbie

Deborah Lee
Senior cataloguer
Book Library