Thanks for the replies. I think I got it figured out. The pH seems to be
the definitive factor. Indeed, the more alkaline the pH, the higher the
amount of precipitation. I just played a bit around with the pH of
Imidazole and it's cleared up. It also seemed to help to add things in
this order..... Imidazole--->water--->ZnSO4--->PEG.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Dr. Christopher Browning