>Is it possible to precipitate proteins (TCA, acetone) from a sample
>that has already been stored in protein loading dye? The protein is
>too dilute in my current sample and I basically want to load all of
>the sample (100uL) in a single well in the gel. Unfortunately, I
>already added protein dye with SDS and all.

Methanol/chloroform precipitation is both more effiecient than TCA or
acetone and it can do exactly what you want it to do.

Wessel, D., and Fugge, U.I. A method for the quantitative recovery of
protein in dilute solution in the presence of detergents and lipids.
Analytical Biochemistry, 1984, 138:141-143

Or google it - there are many online protocols.

- Dima