1 mile² Cardiff
1 mile² is a project taking place in countries across the world, inspiring local communities to explore their neighbourhoods through artistic engagement. Closer to home, 1 mile² Cardiff is exploring the people and places of Butetown, Grangetown, Adamsdown and Splott, and as part of the project local artist Rabab Ghazoul will be leading a series of walks through the city...We're inviting groups and individuals to take part throughout October...

HOW TO TAKE PART
Take a short walk with us...We'd like to know about places in the square mile that are important to you. Perhaps it’s an object, building, view or open space? Perhaps it’s somewhere significant to you, your family or a group you belong to? Come with friends, family, as a group or an individual and share why this particular spot is important to you and why it’s worth looking at more closely. We’ll be collecting images of the places we visit so bring your camera or phone camera and share your images on our website and flickr site.

Arrange a walk with us at a time to suit you throughout October, or join one of our scheduled walks:

Adamsdown & Splott, Thursday 6 October, 10.00am, meeting point - outside Tesco's on Clifton Street

Butetown, Thursday 6 October 1.30pm, meeting point - outside the Wales Millennium Centre

Grangetown, Saturday 8 October, 11.00am, meeting point - outside Tesco's on the corner of Corporation Road

Contact Rabab Ghazoul to register for a walk, or to arrange a walk at any other times throughout October.
Email [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] or ring 07759 933 311

http://www.square-mile.net