Joseph, what is it you use to create your videos and what do you use to host them once you have created them?

Thanks
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Hargreaves
Sent: 14 September 2011 10:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Document Unpackager

Your videos are great.  Thanks so much.

sarah

Joseph Gliddon <[log in to unmask]> Sent by: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]>
14/09/2011 10:29
Please respond to
Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: Document Unpackager

Ah - I misunderstood (I thought it was a web pages zip you were trying to add), you just want to add lots of files in one go.

Add your files to content system/course files (I like drag and drop but you can do document unpackage).
Then create an item and do link to course files.  Tick all the files you wish to link to IN ONE GO.  You can even link to a folder (when students click the folder opens and the students see the course files from that
folder)

Please see the following 2 videos I am using to explain to our staff Upload <https://www.ole.bris.ac.uk/bbcswebdav/xid-111929_4>
Link
<https://www.ole.bris.ac.uk/bbcswebdav/xid-111936_4>

(both look best in full screen)
Regards
Joseph Gliddon

--On 14 September 2011 10:03 +0100 Sarah Hargreaves <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But what if you don't have an entry point?  Most tutors won't know or
> have  the time to set up a web page linking to their files.
>
> ...and once the files are in the course files area, you still have to
> link  to them one at a time, don't you?
>
> Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
>
> sarah
>

> Joseph Gliddon <[log in to unmask]> Sent by:
> Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]>
> 14/09/2011 08:59
> Please respond to
> Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]>

> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Document Unpackager
>

> (I am on SP6 - I assume you are as well) No problem - go to the course
> files area and do "Upload Package"
> This takes a zip and unzips it to the content system with all its
folders
> set out how you would expect.
> Then go to a course menu and add an item, link from the item to the
entry
> point of your files (Im guessing index.html) it will ask if you wish
> to grant access to all files in the folder that contains index.html,
> set it to yes.
>
> Job done
>
> Alternatively dont zip it in the first place and just drag and drop
> your folders to the course files area.  Then link as above.
>
> Regards
> Joseph
>
> --On 14 September 2011 08:47 +0100 Sarah Hargreaves
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> My memory's so bad that I can't remember if I've posted about this
>> before...so apologies if I'm repeating myself.
>>
>> We urgently need a way of unpackaging zip files within content areas
>> in 9.1.  The document unpackager currently throws it's teddy out in a
grand
>> style and, understandably, because it's not a Blackboard product,
>> Blackboard don't support it.
>>
>> I've tried to find a contact at Joliet, but with no luck.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> I know that you can upload zip files into thecourse files area and
>> can display that zip from a content area, but the document unpackager
>> did a great job of properly laying out all content as it was
>> originally organised in folders, etc.
>>
>> If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> sarah

>> This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
>> for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
>> This email  represents the personal views of the sender and is
>> therefore not necessarily the views of York College. The author has
>> no authority or delegation to bind the College by this email and York
>> College accepts
no
>> responsibility whatsoever for its contents. Please note that any
>> email sent to addresses at York College may be monitored.
>

> Regards
> Joseph
> ----------------------
> Joseph Gliddon
> e-Learning Implementation Officer
> Education Support Unit
> University of Bristol

> This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
> for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
> This email  represents the personal views of the sender and is
> therefore not necessarily the views of York College. The author has no
> authority or delegation to bind the College by this email and York
> College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for its contents. Please
> note that any email sent to addresses at York College may be monitored.

Regards
Joseph
----------------------
Joseph Gliddon
e-Learning Implementation Officer
Education Support Unit
University of Bristol

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This email represents the personal views of the sender and is therefore not necessarily the views of York College. The author has no authority or delegation to bind the College by this email and York College accepts no responsibility whatsoever for its contents. Please note that any email sent to addresses at York College may be monitored.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bridgwater College. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it together with any attachment and contact the sender. This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses. Please note that Bridgwater College reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email communications, especially if there is some evidence of illegal or serious misuse of facilities.
[http://www.bridgwater.ac.uk/images/logo.jpg]
Bridgwater College, Bath Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4PZ | 01278 455464 | [log in to unmask]

[http://www.bridgwater.ac.uk/sites/images/enviroment.jpg]