From: "Prof Peter Gosling" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: Examples of the benefits of biomimetic materials & structures

I am looking for examples (evidence) to support the claim that natural
materials and structures have particularly attractive mechanical properties.
In particular, I would like to put together a table of properties
(normalised by density?), with comparisons to more conventional materials
including modern composites.

I would welcome any data & details.

Many thanks, Peter Gosling.