From: Hayward Claire <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:05:01 +0100
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hold down time on a text based app?

Hi all,

I am looking for a text to speech app for the ipad ideally, but maybe the ipod but need something that has the ability to alter the hold down acceptance time (as many of the communication aids offer).  I have looked at Will’s site and can’t find anything suitable there, Predictable doesn’t seem to do it.  Is it something which is technically difficult with an ipad?

Thanks in advance,

Claire

******Please note recent change to phone number******

Claire Hayward

Occupational Therapist

Member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists and World Federation of Occupational Therapists

Membership and External Affairs Board, College of Occupational Therapists

Tel:   0121 466 3050

Internal: 63062

Email: [log in to unmask]

Access to Communication and Technology

West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre

91 Oak Tree Lane

Selly Oak

Birmingham

B29 6JA

www.actwmids.nhs.uk

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and confidential. If you have received it in error you must not use, copy, disclose or store the information contained within this email or attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and permanently delete what you have received.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by email. Messages and any attached files will have been checked with virus detection software before transmission, however we advise you to check emails and any attachments for the presence of viruses as neither the Trust nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by this email and/or any attachments.

Confidentiality

The information contained in an email may be subject to disclosure as required by law including under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless the information requested is legally exempt from disclosure, we cannot guarantee that we will not provide the whole or part of an email to a third party making a request for information about the content of the email.
Internet e-mail is not a secure medium. E-mails sent via the Internet could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear that in mind when deciding whether to send material to Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust, partner organisations or the NHS in general.

The principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Caldicott guidelines should be adhered to at all times. NB. Emails containing patient identifiable data must be exchanged using the encrypted National NHS Mail email service (NHSnet).

Incoming and outgoing email messages may be monitored inaccordance with the Telecommunications Regulations 2000 and Human Rights Act 2000

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail