Hi Gareth,

We performed a small collaborative study with our NOVA POC meters for
ketones and the main issue was with sample viscosity in post mortem
samples. We did try to overcome this with protease treatment but to no
avail.

As Dave said the preferred method is GCMS. Also the methods are not
standardised so you will see between method variations, so the
acceptability should be assessed in relation to the clinical context.

Regards,

Kayleigh

Kayleigh Davis

Trainee Clinical Scientist