I thought that this might be of interest to certain people on this list; a conference held at the Institute of Archaeology, University College London on the relationship between folklore and archaeology. I am presenting a paper there entitled ‘Devil’s Stones and Midnight Rites: Megaliths, Folklore and Contemporary Witchcraft’ which deals with how the early Wiccan pioneers adopted megaliths and their folklore into their own worldviews. I hope it may be of interest to some people; there are only two weeks left for registration, so anyone who wants to attend better book quick! See this link:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/calendar/articles/20111022