Thank you very much, David. The link is particularly valuable.
toyin

On 30 September 2011 04:24, David Mattichak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Crowley published most, if not all of the GD material in the Equinox- and was sued for his troubles. You might find what you are looking for in the Equinox which is available online in a few places. Try http://darkbooks.org/ where the PDFs that I have downloaded are all of a reasonable quality. Good luck with Llewellyn- not my favorite publisher either. And, they do have a nasty rejection letter.

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:50:54 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] DIALOGUE WITH KATHY SCHNEIDER OF LLEWELLYN ON RE-USING A SMALL SECTION OF THE GOLDEN DAWN RITUALS IN A NEW RITUAL
To: [log in to unmask]

Thank you very much Jason, Paul, Amy, Samuel, Chas and Robert for your prompt, helpful and heartfelt responses.

I wish I could communicate on this with Carl Llewellyn Weschke himself. As a long time magician, I expected  a more insightful response from his company.

I will get in touch with Falcon Press  as well as search for sources of the material online. The Amazon link Paul provided to the Falcon Press edition also makes it clear I need to look again at other  GD texts since it is claimed that they are not all identical.

I am juxtaposing the GD material with some very imaginatively powerful and yet simple elemental meditations created by  Michael Scott in his The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas  Flamel  fantasy novels series, as he takes  two of his characters, Sophie and Josh,  through a sequence of elemental initiations that represent wonderful poetry and suggest superb contemplative possibilities, whatever one might think of the miraculous magical acts that follow the initiations.

 Works of fiction are some of the best works on magical thought and practice. I got a striking experience once from performing   the Catholic rosary ritual prayer using  Tolkien's superb deity descriptions at the beginning of the Silmarilion, correlating the Catholic system and  Tolkien by using Jung's theory of archetypes as an inspirational framework.

I am also approaching Scott's publishers, Delacorte Press, for permission to use his material , although that is slowed down by their insisting on discussing permissions only by surface mail. It would be more delicate to walk round the Scott material if I dont get permission for that, but even then, it should be possible to develop something of my own inspired by the Scott text and content myself with writing about Scott's text  as part of an essay.

I pray I can use it, though. It is sublime. Combined with the GD meditations and invocations and the elemental expositions of the Brihadaranyaka-Upanishad which link the elements with aspect of  the human being and ultimately with the source of being,  particularly as they are translated by W.B.Yeasts and Purohit Swami, one enters into a world in which the exquisite beauty of the universe is revealed.

Thanks again.
Toyin