On 27/09/2011 13:29, Christopher Josiffe wrote:

Cheers - its good although that website makes no mention of Jean Overton Fuller's book -
which add another interesting piece of evidence from her mother via here a family friend, francis pash, a student and sickert's portraitist -
It's not unlikely that patricia cornwall first heard of the story via this root -
although she is much higher profile than JOF - but JOF much better known to occultists via her
period biography of victor neuberg and AC.
She sent us two copies of her biog, which was much criticised for leaing JOF out of the story -
although as I say she did later aks to meet JOF in here last year.

Walter Sickert aka walter Gorman probably was a fantasist and retracted his story about his supposed father -

I'm no fan of freemasonry, spec the english, reactionary variety.
I suppose people prefer a good conspiracy story to the banality of the truth.

Spiro - on the Robert Donston Stevenson suspect - I thought the transmission was mabel collins to vittoria cremers to crowley -
mabel collins and cremers were lovers, crowley and cremers were lovers - it's all pillow talk : ) ?

bb/93

Mogg

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

The argument for a Gull/Masonic conspiracy as presented in the Stephen Knight book ‘Jack the Ripper: the final solution’ depends largely upon the evidence provided to Knight by ‘Walter Sickert’ aka Walter Gorman, supposed illegitimate son of the painter Walter Sickert.

(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper:_The_Final_Solution).

Iain Sinclair argued for Gorman/Sickert having been a fantasist, if an ingenious and charming one, in – IIRC-  his ‘Hackney: that Rose-red Empire’ ( Hamish Hamilton, 2009).

Chris Josiffe