From: John Power <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:13
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Crowley and Spiritualism

Hi again Mogg and all Ripperologists,
 I know that there is vested interested in keeping Jack a mystery, but I am quite sure that most of the killings, aside from copycat or camouflage ones were explained in Stephen Knight's" J.t.R, the Final Solution", and laid the girls to rest. Two films: Depp's 'Fom Hell' and 'Murder by Decree', much B.B.C. research and a two part dramatisation for the centenary in 1988 all agree with this, despite dramatisation variation on detail. Sickert the Victorian painter and European noble confessed on two occasions that have made it into print: not to the knife work, but to identifying and even entrapping the associated victims for William Gull, Surgeon in Ordinary to Queen Victoria, an early vivisectionist and known to have incarcerated in asylums and lobotomised other women that had been embarrassment to the Crown. Gull had suffered and recovered  from a stroke before the killings but was said to have impaired mental faculties as a result. He was reportedly incarcerated himself when the Queen found out, and another man who died on the day of his admission was buried in his stead, and his body was later taken to the same family grave upon his own death and  local legend has it [ which I can personally attest to] that with the body of his wife, the grave holds three corpses. The 5 friends who had entertained Prince Albert at their brothel knew of an illegitimate child he had fathered to one of them, who was a Catholic, when he was an heir to the Crown and hence Church of England.
Another confession by Sickert is used by Patricia Cornwall in her book on the subject, but he made no mention of Gull on that occasion. The idea behind a confession is to clear one's conscience. Implicating another innocent man does not achieve that end.
 The only occult angles involved occur as Gull, and Sickert were Masons, as were some of the Police who covered their tracks[ and that doesn't mean they approved of their actions, or knew of them at the start.   Nor is it a bad reflection on Masonry generally which seems to have altruistic, if elitist, motives.It only tells us that rotten apples can spoil a barrel.] Psychics were employed at some levels of detection, and Stevenson's Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was  being performed at the theatre in London at the time, and Gull had seen it.
 R.I.P. girls.