From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Mattichak [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] SV: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] SV: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] FW: [JFRR] Fairy Tales: A New History (Bottigheimer, Ruth B.)

Angela's points about engaging both hemispheres of the brain-
that human beings can fulfil their greatest cognitive potential when the intuitive insights of the right hemisphere are brought through to the 'left' mode for detailed scrutiny, then returned once more to the 'bigger picture' with greater consciousness
has been embraced by big business in recent years under the banner of Spiritual Intelligence. The principals are outlined at http://sqi.co/ for anyone that is interested. The object of the system is to produce a whole brain state of mind which is referred to as presence and has the goal of transcending a purely intellectual apprehension of something with the 'bigger picture'. As corporate spending has to justify itself with practical results the current interest in using whole brain intelligence to solve problems must be producing useful results or it would have been abandoned as a training method very quickly.