Hi Steve

Here's a link to an abstract of a trigger session I recently gave with a colleague at the HEA's elearning in health meeting last month about our work with Wordpress.
http://www.health.heacademy.ac.uk/site/ocs/index.php/elh/elh2011/paper/view/194

The presentation doesn't seem to be there, but happy to send it to you.  We ran a number of Wordpress pilots supporting different aspects of our medicine programme and we're now starting to use WPMU to deliver more of our teaching.  Some of the key benefits have been greater staff engagement and more of a focus on teaching and learning rather than the technology.  Also increased student engagement with students helping to develop some of the teaching sites.

Happy to give you more info if that would help.

Cheers

Natalie

-----------------------------------
Natalie Lafferty
Lecturer (E-learning)

Technology & Innovation in Learning Team
Centre for Academic Clinical Practice
Division of Clinical Population Sciences & Education
University of Dundee School of Medicine
CAMS, Level 8
Ninewells Hospital & Medical School
Dundee DD1 9SY
UK

Tel:        +44 (0)1382 740320
Skype:   natalie_lafferty
-----------------------------------

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?
>>> Steve Boneham <[log in to unmask]> 08/08/2011 16:54 >>>
Hi.

I'm writing a briefing paper on the use of WordPress in education as part of my work at JISC Netskills. The idea is to provide a summary of why those working in education might consider using WordPress to support teaching and learning, research, administration and the other things that educational institutions do.

The first point I wanted to address was 'Why WordPress?' I have a set of the usual points (open source, usable, flexible, extensible...), but wanted to make these a bit more engaging with some stories or soundbytes from 'real life' use. That use could range from a single self-hosted site/blog to use as a CMS or institutional platform.

I'd be very grateful if any of you would be prepared to contribute to this by letting me know what you're doing with WordPress and why you choose to use it that way. We would of course credit you for your contributions in the paper.

Likewise, suggestions of people, groups or educational institutions using WordPress effectively would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Boneham
JISC Netskills
Newcastle University

www.netskills.ac.uk

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096