Dear UKMCG members,

I've been asked to pass on the following information about an exhibition in Montrose Museum.

Cheers,

Matthew

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Our exhibition celebrates the 230 years of care given to patients from its beginnings as the Montrose Lunatic Asylum based in Montrose to its present location at Hillside outside Montrose as Sunnyside Royal Hospital.
We have photographs, objects from both the hospital, and the staff quarters, books, documents as well as artefacts made by one of the patients Adam Christie who sculpted and painted using whatever materials were to hand. The hospital is closing and moving to a purpose built unit at Stracathro Hospital towards the end of this year. It runs from 30th July until 24th September and Montrose Museum is open Monday - Saturday 10.00am-5pm. Rachel Benvie our Curator is contactable on 01674 673232 as are other staff members if you wish to know anything more about this exhibition.

 Many thanks

Joan

Montrose Museum & Art Gallery
Panmure Place
Montrose DD10 8HF
Telephone: 01674 673232

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096