Welcome, Everyone!

Here is the launch of our latest of our e-seminars for BERA's Mentoring and Coaching SIG:

I am delighted to welcome Shaun Robison as convener. When I saw the circular about his involvement in teacher research (attached) and read his introduction, invited him to join us:

 This collection of research summaries was conducted

by educators working in public and private schools in

Abu Dhabi. Over fifty teachers and consultants took

part in the initiative, each with their own research

interests specific to their context.  In each case, the

teachers identified a research issue, provided a

rationale for researching it, gathered data and evidence

to show how their research evolved, and presented

their findings to their peers for critical response.

Shaun has provided two questions that are relevant to us all to get our discussion rolling:

1) How significant is action research in the knowledge based economy?

2) What are the main challenges of doing action research with teachers from a range of educational backgrounds and experiences?

Looking forward to hearing from you and learning more as our latest e-seminar develops!

Warm regards,

Sarah

Sarah Fletcher

Co-convener (with Dr Jean Rath) for BERA's Mentoring and Coaching SIG

Editor; The International Journal for Mentoring and Coaching in Education; http://www.emeraldinsight.com/ijmce.htm