When Manchester had dcache on the WNs we had 1000 to request and we used
the PeCR tools. We used the bulk.pl tool with a null passphrase. When we
eliminated dcache I passed the bucket and I know that the old sys admin
had resorted to requesting the certs one at the time. It was clearly
considered easier by them. I preferred going through the pain for all
the certificates once a year instead even if the procedure is more
complicated and requires interacting with the CA they never made it easier.

cheers
alessandra