From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Dr Cyril Pernet [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 1:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPM] motion regressors

Dear  Yan,

As soon as you change the design matrix, results will be different. In general term you can think of the data as a point in a N dimensional space and you project onto a subspace at P dimensions ie the nb of columns of the design matrix (see SPM book). As the design matrix changes, so does the projection.

For the specific case a motion regressors many voxels will have some variance explained by these regressors so it is a good idea to include them, see a neuroimage paper from Lund.

Cyril

Dr Cyril Pernet
BRIC / SINAPSE
University of Edinburgh