A couple of comments (3 being the most important):

(1) Include all the main effects (group and task).

(2) The contrast you stated seems to have an space or column orders
reversed. In your design is subject first and the interaction second? What
is the order of the interaction?
Try:
*Ones(1,16)/16 –ones(1,16)/16  ones(1,2)/2  **-ones(1,2)/2*
*Ones(1,16)/16 –ones (1,16)/16  1/2 -1/2 1/2 -1/2*

(3) Between-subject effects have the wrong statistics, they are INVALID.
Anytime you have a between- and within-subject factor in the same model in
SPM the statistics are inflated. This was the subject of my OHBM poster (
www.martinos.org/~mclaren/ftp/presentations/). In the poster, we concluded
that you need to average over the conditions to get the proper
between-subject effects or use our custom code (under development). We hope
to have a beta version ready for testing shortly. Also, N-way within-subject
effects are also INVALID (see post by Aaron Schultz).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.

Harvard Medical School