By definition, SPM.xBF.order must be 2 for including the time derivatives, 3
if you include the time and dispersion.

Thus, your contrast has 2 rows in it. This makes it invalid for a
T-contrast. You can either change the contrast type to an F, or change the
contrast.

However, you can't use an F-test from the first-level at as the inputs for
the second-level. Additionally, the average the HRF and time derivative
isn't measningful. If you are looking at trying to come up with an
integrated method for the HRF and time derivative to use at the second
level, I would recommend that you read Steffener et al.(Investigating
hemodynamic response variability at the group level using basis functions)
or Calhoun et al. (fMRI analysis with the general linear model: removal of
latency-induced amplitude bias by incorporation of hemodynamic derivative
terms).

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.

Harvard Medical School