Dear all,

We invite contributions to the forthcoming Study Day of the BSA Sociology of Religion Group based around the theme of Religion and Social Action.

We will be examining the relation between religion and social action from

theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented angles. We welcome 20 minutes

papers exploring, but not limited to, the following topics:

·         the nature of social action in relation to religion;

·         faith in civil society;

·         faith as motivation of social action;

·         individual religiosity and social action or volunteering;

·         the effectiveness of the social action of FBOs.

Abstract submissions (200 words) should be sent to Francesca Montemaggi

([log in to unmask]) by the 12 September 2011. Numbers are

limited.

The Study Day will be held on Saturday, the 19th of November 2011, at the BSA meeting room, London. Please see the attached Call for Paper for further details.

The event is also listed on the BSA website at the following address:

http://bsas.esithosting.co.uk/public/event/events.aspx

You can book online from the following link:

http://bsas.esithosting.co.uk/public/event/eventBooking.aspx?id=EVT10167

Kind regards,

Francesca

Francesca E. S. Montemaggi
PhD Researcher
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/cplan/contactsandpeople/researchstudents/i-o/montemaggi-francesca.html
School of City & Regional Planning
3.54 Glamorgan Building
Cardiff University
King Edward VII Avenue
Cardiff, CF10 3WA

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group. To join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]> Send contributions to the list by sending messages to: [log in to unmask] To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>