Couldn't agree more
I was horrified when I read, "... aiding choice and stimulating
competition between the best academics." (p. 6), and "...  stimulate
competition between peers." (p. 34)
The academy as bear-pit?
George

Dr George Roberts
Senior Lecturer, Educational Development
Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development
Oxford Brookes University
https://profiles.google.com/georgebroberts/about
http://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/ocsld/consultants/ocsld/george_roberts.html

Mobile +44 (0)7711 698465