Tel:  01274 23 3336  Web:  http://www.brad.ac.uk/educational-development/

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lucy Buchanan-Parker
Sent: 22 August 2011 17:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Course organisation and management evidence

Dear All,

NUS is doing some work on the "Organisation and Management" area of the NSS
and I was wondering if anyone else has done work in this area recently.

Having considered the material on the HEA web site, we'd be especially
interested in examples of good practice which engage directly with students
or other initiatives which seek to address the following elements of course
organisation and management:

-timetabling in a way that suits the diverse student body
-making timetables available in advance
-organisation of placements and support whilst on placement
-methods of communicating changes to course schedules/cancellations
-staggering of assessments to spread the work load
-course design and support with module selection

Are you working with these issues?
Or are you using materials relating to these issues?

If so, it would be great if you could point me in the direction of any key
resources or share any examples of work going on. Please do get in touch at
the email or phone number below.

Best wishes,

Lucy

___________________________________

Lucy Buchanan-Parker | Student Feedback Assistant

National Union of Students

contact tel: 07585 969859

NUS 4th Floor 184-192 Drummond Street LONDON NW1 3HP

www.nus.org.uk <http://www.nus.org.uk/>  | www.nusconnect.org.uk/nss
<http://www.officeronline.co.uk/education>  | www.nusconnect.org.uk
<http://www.officeronline.co.uk/education>

Please note our new contact number: 0845 5210 262

  _____

NUS Email Disclaimer: Please visit the following web link for NUS email
disclaimer www.nus.org.uk/nus-email-disclaimer