Hi Gaye

We are in the final stages of preparation for migration and I can tell you there are a lot of issues.  Our experience is that moving from 2007-2010 is not a straightforward migration.  We have very little customisation or in-house development of SP 2007 so our migration is not complicated by that.  Nor do we have many add-on’s such as records management/email management.  We are simply finding that 2010 alters so many of our default settings, combined with new/different functionality, that the developers have their hands full.

2010 has much better functionality than 2007, especially when combined with Office 2010 and will be an improvement once we get it implemented.

I guess the decision is yours and depends pretty much on your timeframe, but given that 2010 is already 12 months old, I’m not sure why you would choose to implement 2007 if you were starting from scratch?

Regards

Paul

Paul Staincliffe
Records Manager

T +64 7 838 5241
F +64 7 838 5012
E [log in to unmask]

http://www.agresearch.co.nz/images/agresearch-logo-email.jpg

Ruakura Research Centre
East Street, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

T  +64 7 856 2836  F  +64 7 838 5012  www.agresearch.co.nz