Apologies for inappropriate postings:

The School of Geography, University of Leeds, is looking to appoint a Lecturer with a strong research trajectory in the field of GIS and remote sensing. More details are below my email signature and via the following link:
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ADB394/lecturer-in-geographic-information-systems-and-remote-sensing

Best wishes

Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr Paul Norman
School of Geography, University of Leeds
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/p.norman/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Lecturer in Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing
University of Leeds - School of Geography

Reference Number ENVGE0017

Faculty / Service Environment

Staff Category Academic

Grade University Grade 8

Contract Type Ongoing

Full Time / Part Time Full Time

Location Leeds - Main Campus

Job Summary

This post is available from 31 October 2011

We are looking to appoint a Lecturer with a strong research trajectory in the field of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing. The School of Geography is a leading international research department, one of the top-ranked in the UK.

Applications will be considered from individuals of international standing/potential who will complement and strengthen existing expertise in the School of Geography particularly within the Centre for Spatial Analysis and Policy (CSAP), one of the School’s research clusters. We seek applications from across any research field covered by GIS and remote sensing, but we particularly welcome applications from persons with experience of applied research and a research focus which links human and environmental sciences. You would be expected to support the development of our teaching and research at a world class level and demonstrate potential for international research leadership.

You will be expected to develop research agendas in relevant areas, based on external funding applications and high quality scholarly publications and fully participate in the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. You will be expected to help maintain and further enhance an intellectually stimulating atmosphere in the School.

Further information about the School is available at www.geog.leeds.ac.uk<http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/>.

University Grade 8 (£36,862 - £44,016) p.a.

Informal enquiries may be made to Graham Clarke, tel +44 (0)113 343 3323, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Paul Norman, tel +44 (0)113 343 8199, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Closing Date: 2 September 2011