Dear psci-commers,

There’s not long to go until the British Science Festival starts (22 days!), and during lunch breaks and post-workday sessions our staff have clubbed together to produce… wait for it…  a British Science Association does Star Wars poster!! Check out our handiwork here: http://on.fb.me/rluUmV

This effort is part of our Sci-Fi Film Poster Competition running on the Festival Facebook page. Anyone is invited to mock up an iconic film poster, upload it to our Facebook page and the winner gets their entry blown up to a full A3 glossy poster.

We are also running a  Science Poetry Competition (see current entries here http://on.fb.me/q9Wgns), where we are inviting followers to pen a poem with the chance to have theirs read out at the Festival’s Presidential Address ‘Science and Culture’, which Jocelyn Bell Burnell will be giving on Monday 12th Sept. Entries more than welcome.

To keep up to date as the Festival draws near, ‘like’ our page http://www.facebook.com/pages/British-Science-Festival/154540531265063, or follow @BritishSciFest on Twitter.

Cheers!

Robin

________________________________
The city of film becomes city of science: the British Science Festival is coming to Bradford from 10-15 September. With over 200 events and exhibitions taking place at the University of Bradford and across the city, there’s something for everyone to enjoy – from unique street theatre and family activities to the latest research news. Visit www.britishsciencefestival.org to search the programme online, book tickets and find out more…

Follow us on Facebook for fun Festival related content every day!

Robin Bisson
Press Assistant
British Science Association
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4950
F: +44 (0)20 7581 6587
E:
Website: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org

The British Science Association is the operating name and trade mark of the British Association for the Advancement of Science
Registered charity: 212479 and SCO39236

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)
********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]