Hi Doug

I concluded, over the weekend, that this poem should be dropped

and then I came into work, switched on the email and read Sheila's email

and that's made me pause

and pause

so I have been doing other things, much as a confused cat washes its arse

and paws

I suppose it is English, yes; but, being culturally English, and having
spent so much of my life in this country, I don't see it

(no more do I have images of England when I listen to Elgar tho many would
have it so)

What you say pleases me though, because it hadn't occurred to me how much
of the world is now junked in the same litter

one of the dark enjoyments when I go to the west side of scilly is walking
the coast and seeing what has washed ashore - in generic terms it's
probably not much different to Samoa or the Bering Straits (no foxes on
scilly though)

Thanks for the encouragement. The poem persists with a question mark on
its bottom

-----
----