I'm with you, fellow old pooter. i like your idea that Suzi is Kent. I
wish I'd thought of that.

I have less and less enthusiasm for the police though I was careful, I
like to think, not to suggest that the incident describes all of them. The
difficulty is that one does not know who are the well-behaved and who are
the dangerous ones; and I am aware that anyone can be dangerous; it's all
contingent.

I perceive their veniality. I have experienced it.

Simultaneously I am all for them keeping rioters back from me! My enemy's
enemy etc

Cameron's nonsense just makes it worse. This may not be 1981 but one thing
there is in common is that the Tories are in charge.

-----
----