Hi

I’ve blogged about the use case for academic<>public exchange of content, and what implications it might have.

Connecting people through open content

In the context of OER, I think it’s worth us exploring the public use case further, as well as pursuing the academic<>academic and academic<>learner exchanges

But I think the big thought experiment, when you look at prioritising the use case for academic<>public, is whether the weight put on open licensing and editibility is worth the effort. This isn’t the only use case, but what if it is the most important one in the long term? I’m not sure I’ve said that loudly enough in the blog post, maybe I’m scared of the reaction ;-)

Amber

Amber Thomas
Programme Manager, Information Environment Team, JISC Innovation Group
JISC Executive, University of Bristol 2nd Floor, Beacon House, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.jisc.ac.uk
Skype: amber_thomas
Mobile: +44(0)7920 534933