Hi Folks

A manager has contacted me to discuss a fit note recently handed in by an employee.
In the diagnosis line the GP has said "family crisis". The manager is telling me that he
does not think he should accept this as a valid fit note, as family crisis is obviously not
a diagnosis.
The manager is calling in to see me for some advice later - any thoughts? I'm checking
through the DWP advice again regarding fit notes but would really like to hear what you think
too.
I tend to agree with the manager, but how would you manage this one? If there's a family crisis
going on, quibbling over the wording of the fit note isn't going to help matters, but
I understand that management has to follow a certain process as well.

Opinions gratefully received!
Thanks
Roisin

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: