I am on placement in a case-loading team at Kings and we are under obligation to use the partogram at home births exactly as we would in hospital.  I have seen this done regularly.  The only exception is if you arrive and the woman is fully.  This is now hospital policy.

XO

From: Sandall, Jane
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: query about the use of vaginal examination in labour and/or the use of the partogramme

Dear all
I wonder would anyone be able to say whether the partogram is used in midwife-led and freestanding units and at home births in their settings??
bw
Jane
Jane Sandall
Professor of Social Science and Women's Health
& Programme Director (Innovations) NIHR King's Patient Safety and Service Quality Research Centre

Division of Women's Health, School of Medicine, King's College London

10th Floor, North Wing, St. Thomas' Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road

LONDON SE1 7EH

Tel: 020 7188 8149
Fax: 020 7620 1227

Mobile: +44(0)7713 743150