I have been traveling and and only vaguely following what appeared to be a discussion of the belief about fallen angels in the middle ages. Then I opened my mail and found this statement.

"Dear Rachel,

the fall of Satan is mentioned in Isaiah 14, 12-14:"

Yes, I was upset, because this is not true.

I would not have been upset if it had said instead, "During the middle ages the fall of Satan was BELIEVED to be mentioned in Isaiah 14:12-14."

This seems to be the consensus we have arrived at?

But, I really do like saying things like "there is not an ounce of scholarship in this."
You see I spent 30 years in the US Marine Corps retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel, and that was the way we talked to each other.
But since this list seems to prefer a more genteel approach, I will try to mend my ways.

I apologize.

V. Kerry Inman, M.A., M.Div., Th.M.
Ph. D. Candidate, Arabic and Hebrew
University of Pennsylvania
Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations