Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:52:04 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: POLICY NETWORK MEETINGS
To: [log in to unmask]

dear colleagues

THe Policy Network is trying to organise a meeting in September (against considerable and of course very welcome competition from other media policy events) to discuss recent urgent policy issues - phone hacking, BSkyB, input into the Leveson inquiry, etc

We would like to invite Martin Moore, of the Media Standards Trust, to speak to us, ideally on 22nd September between 6 and 8 pm at the LSE. (15th sept was planned for this originally, but this date clashed with other things). Please can you let me know by Monday 8th August if you would be interested in coming to this event. We need to confirm numbers before confirming with Martin.

I know it's holiday time - but prompt responses would be much appreciated.

Please also let me know if you would have been interested, but can't make it. Suggestions for other events in other parts of the  country welcome.

best wishes

Máire

Máire Messenger Davies, PhD, FRSA,
 Professor of Media Studies
Centre for Media Research, School of Media, Film and Journalism
University of Ulster, Cromore Rd, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Telephone: +44(0)2870124069
email: [log in to unmask]; twitter:@mairemd
LATEST BOOK - 'Children, Media & Culture' http://www.openup.co.uk/children_media