In September Creating Capacity has three courses absolutely tailored to the
needs of those working with collections.  They are being run by experts in
their field and focus on collections care and copyright.  Read on to find
out more...

1) On 13 September we have Caring for your Collections: What causes your
objects to deteriorate and what you can do about it.  If you are responsible
for, or are involved in, the preservation of historic collections then this
course is an essential and practical way of ensuring your skills and
knowledge are up-to-date.  It’s being run by the excellent Robert Child and
costs £145 plus VAT.

2) Naomi Korn is rejoining Creating Capacity on 20 September for A Practical
Introduction to Copyright Issues for all those who need to understand the
legal and practical implications of copyright in the context of caring for
collections.  This highly rated session costs £155 plus VAT and it's selling
out fast, so don't miss your place.

3) On 27 September What’s that Beastie? Understanding and managing insect
pests in cultural collections, provides a perfect introduction to the kind
of pests those working with collections must be aware of; how to monitor the
situation; and what preventive measures can be taken.  Again Robert Child is
our trainer and the course costs £145 plus VAT.  This is a great companion
course to Caring for your Collections, so you might want to sign up for
both.

Each course costs includes full day’s training, all course materials, lunch
and three months post course support from your trainer.  Don’t forget you
can book and pay for your course online or if you’d rather, just email me or
give me a call.  All the information you need is at www.creatingcapacity.org

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity

Tel: 07985 559425
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
Follow us on Twitter:  <http://www.twitter.com/LearningCC> @LearningCC

Join the debate on our  <http://hopkinsvanmil.wordpress.com/> blog

Web:  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/> www.creatingcapacity.org

A social enterprise providing learning programmes

to develop confidence and inspire now and for the future

Don’t forget to book your training over the Summer ready for September!

05/09  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=29> Low cost
marketing

08/09  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=31> Qualitative
research

13/09  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=55> Caring for
your collections

20/09  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=11> Copyright
essentials

27/09  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=16> What’s that
beastie?

29/09  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/course.aspx?cId=33> Visitor and
user data

And don’t forget that our courses can be adapted for
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/index.aspx?id=4&nAll=yes&nId=32>
in-house use.  An effective value for money solution to team training in
challenging times

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg