On 17 Aug 2011, at 08:38, Bonewell, Perry wrote:

> As I haven't investigated this in any detail I can't say how effective
> it is (re your previous point Tony) but WordPress can provide exif info
> with plugin support:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Photoblogs_and_Galleries

I forgot, if you upload an image larger than the Maximum size allowed by the WordPress config, then it is resized (and metadata stripped) - which was the bug I fell foul of.

Making your images the *exact* correct size first, then adding your metadata and uploading them will allow WordPress to retain the data in *the original* full-size image.

more of a faff than I wanted to inflict I recall.

:)

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg