Hi Sarah

I'm not aware of any specific examples of partnership work directly with Social Care but I suppose libraries do provide assistance by providing informal social care for many older people or disabled people who use us as well as a Home Library Service and mobile library service for those who can't leave their houses. Without us, I believe there would be a lot more isolated people who needed the services of social care.
Also, the community information databases that many of us manage are often a useful resource for social care workers looking for activities or sources of help for their clients (see Coventry's Peoplelink for an example http://www.coventry.gov.uk/info/445/libraries-peoplelink/26/peoplelink_community_information_service).

I hope this helps

Phil Jones

ICT & Information Coordinator
Coventry Libraries and Information Services
Floor 2, West Orchards House
28-34 Corporation Street
Coventry
CV1 1GF