Alternatively buy withdrawn ex-library books for a few pence from your local library, then it does not matter if you drop them in.

Also a good source of books for holiday reading - Leave them abroad for others to read and you have space in your case for the Duty Free.  (I have sold many books from library book sales using this suggestion.)

David Moger

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 16:47:11 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Guide to reading a book in the bath
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Ian

a)  have a towel hanging on the edge of the bath, so you can dry excessive water off hands prior to page turn
b)  making pages damp when you turn them is not a problem; they will dry.  But soaking them, not so good.
c)  in the unlikely event of dropping book in bath, fish out promptly, towel dry, leave in dry place to recover.  It may stay distorted, but should be entirely workable.

Go on, man, seize the day!

Best wishes, Toni