In the SW we use a shared website www.cyberlibrary.org.uk hosted by Plymouth
City Libraries, to bring together information in the region on all the
online resources available to library users in their own authority.

SWRLS has paid for flyers promoting the site, which double up as a simple
joining form, which are widely distributed, including via FE colleges, some
of whom have included them in their induction packs for new students.

For ideas on promotion, it is also always worth contacting the resource
suppliers who will often provide free posters etc as well as holding
training sessions which provide ideas for increasing usage.

As MLA and Arts Council England have, I believe, just posted a tender notice
for a third Framework Agreement for Reference Online content for English
public libraries, it would be nice to think that promotion would be one of
the requirements?

Lynn Osborne
Director, SWRLS
Website: www.swrls.org.uk