The list of companies for...

systems that would support these functions include but are not limited to: RFID, library management systems, library automation (including web user interface), cataloguing systems, collection management systems, leisure management systems, booking systems (including online booking systems), allotment administration software, interactive software, translation software, facilities booking systems’

..are......

# Azeus Systems Limited

# Bramble.cc Limited

# Capita Group

# Civica UK Limited

# HTK Limited

# Managemycomplaints.com

# SirsiDynix

# Zipporah Ltd

I don’t see RFID companies in there? I don’t know if they made bids to be included. (I wonder who the ‘allotment administration software’ vendors are? ).

Some library consortia such as SELMS (based around the Civica Spydus LMS) and London Libraries Consortium-LLC (based around Axiell Galaxy) already have framework agreements in place that allow new authorities to join without going through an EU tender.

Looking at the upcoming  library management system procurements listed  on the Local Gov Library Technology (LGlibTech) wiki (http://lglibtech.wikispaces.com/Procurements  ) ---and reckoning there must be others not on that list --I’d estimate that 15-20% of UK library authorities are looking to change their library systems..with quite a few joining consortia. That will inevitably raise issues around interoperability of RFID systems—something I did point out in my work with Greater Manchester.

I don’t see any mention of the key criteria you mention in the customer guidance but the guidance does say:

‘Each customer (or Customer Group) will need to define their requirement prior to running a

Further Competition. This may be a technical specification for a specific system that is required or it may be an

output based specification’.

Ken

Tel +44 (0)7788 727 845. Email: [log in to unmask]  www.kenchadconsulting.com

Skype: kenchadconsulting   Twitter: @KenChad