From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tennant, Emma
Sent: 25 August 2011 11:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How to Guides - Your top Tips Wanted....

Hi Jude

My suggestion would be: give young people a reason to come in : whether it be offering them space in which to run clubs, or investing in interactive gaming facilities such as PS3's and Wii. At Stockton Central Library we offer a youthzone on Saturdays for those interested in yu-gi-oh card gaming or playing on PS3s, and we have a core group of up to 25 who attend on a weekly basis. Visiting the library regularly gives them the opportunity to see what services we offer, and whilst they may not all engage with books, a number of them are regular borrowers and/or make use of our free internet facilities.

Best wishes

Helen

Children and Young Person's Librarian
Municipal Buildings