We have recently been restructured and now have a Children and Family Officer and have set up a Children and Young people's working group.  I am interested in finding out what other library authorities do when they have a school visit, e.g. Primary 7s before going to secondary; primary 3-7 visits and S1 first visit to your school library.

We want to put a programme together that will include everything we offer, remote access online resources for homework help, renewing and reserving for older children, reading challenges, and books, everything that can support the CfE. This programme will be delivered to every Renfrewshire school that visits any Renfrewshire library so that we are delivering a consistent message. At the moment our libraries do different things.

Can anybody share what their programme consists of, if they have one in place e.g. what resources do you use? How do you break down the whole Dewey concept without it being too confusing (and a little more interesting)? In the past as a school librarian we delivered units over the first 3 terms, including how to find fiction, non-fiction, topic info, and career information; there was a balance of online reference resources and the physical library.

Our aim is to put together a one visit workshop and a pack to include all services. All help much appreciated.