We have experienced ongoing problems with printing PDFs, using Netloan Print Manager. I wonder if it's the same type of issue?
Lucy

-----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Philip Jones
Sent: 04 August 2011 11:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Problem printing PDF docs via ICAM

Dear All

Are any other authorities experiencing problems printing PDF documents on PN computers via ICAM? For some reason we're having real trouble getting them to print in some of our libraries and where we can, it's often just the first page of a multipage document even if you set it to print all. I gather it might be a problem recognising fonts and have checked the People's Network forum but the last e-mail relating to a similar issue was from 2006 and doesn't offer a solution.

ICAM support have just now got in touch with a possible fix so I'll add it here in case others are experiencing the same problem:

"iCAM Printer Control printing PDF's require permissions in several locations on the iCAM Client PN PC's.

Users, Everyone, Domain Users require Modify permissions on the following folders/locations...

C:\print
C:\program files\icam\
C:\windows\temp
C:\windows\system32\spool\printers

The important one here is the 'temp' folder used by Windows!

iCAM Printer Control extracts any embedded fonts located within PDF's and stores them in the temp folder before sending them to the Print Admin via FTP. If the user does not have the correct permissions as above then the font transfer fails!

If the above does not resolve the issue then it will more than likely be down to the version of the iCAM Print Client and iCAM Printer Driver used on the iCAM Client PN PC's and may require updating."

Kind regards

Phil Jones

ICT & Information Coordinator
Coventry Libraries and Information Services
Floor 2, West Orchards House
28-34 Corporation Street
Coventry
CV1 1GF

Tel:  024 7683 2329
Fax: 024 7683 2470
Email:[log in to unmask]

Visit us at www.coventry.gov.uk/libraries
IMPORTANT: Luton Cultural Services Trust routinely monitors the content of e-mail sent
and received by its e-mail systems, to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures.

E-mails that contain encrypted material, program files, are obscene, inflammatory,
criminal, offensive, in breach of copyright or contain a virus or threat to Trusts`s
computer systems may be intercepted and/or deleted.

Internet communications are not secure.
The Trust is not responsible for any changes made to the message after it has
been sent.

This message is intended only for the addressee. Any unauthorised copying or
distribution may be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at
Luton Cultural Services Trust HQ,
Luton Central Library,
St George's Street,
Luton, LU1 2NG,
tel: 01582 547470
or by using the reply option to this e-mail.
Then delete this message from your system.