Thanks to all responses

Giant connect four sounds awesome! I'd probably be playing that one myself.

Re second hand scrabble. I don't know how purchasing works in our library,
but I'll definitely suggest that. I was also going to ask to see if we could
put up a sign asking for board game donations.

I think if I was introducing Scrabble though, I don't want to be just
buying/acquiring a set, I think time has to be spent on teaching kids how to
play, and encouraging them to play, so I'd have to request to have
 'Scrabble time'  timetabled into my workday perhaps!

I'm not sure how popular it would be, which is why it'd be nice to have an
example of it working somewhere to bring to my manager.

But anyhow I'll suggest it this Saturday and see what he says!

The book about gaming experiences sounds interesting, I'll see if I can get
hold of it

Ka-Ming