Colleagues

A copyright assurance organisational unit or function should work on the ground of a very simple, predictable policy in a certain context.
That is what I think we should consider quite ordinary or usual to manage.

Assurance is in place when prevents the "ordinary" unexpected (in terms of disruption of services due to administrative tasks not performed properly) to happen.

Speaking of continuity of access to online databases of such relevance  that assurance function is a matter of daily tuning of goals, principles, compliance and trust in a continuity of relationships and shared governance - not a summer exercise of negotiation power (as already said several times, no problem to repeat it if colleagues so willing to give lessons did not read previous messages).

Having said that I believe that a word from the side of the British Standards would also be appreciated. It is just a matter of prices that make their sales process so painful? Don't think so.

It does not matter who is going to be the author of the last word - it has just to be a word announcing the database is back in the science reading rooms.

Have a lovely productive and satisfactory day

Brunella Longo

Information Management Adviser, Project Manager Prince2 Practitioner, Independent Scholar

brunellalongo.co.uk
7 New College Court
London NW3 5EX

T +44 (0)20 72095014
T +44 (0)20 77229184
M +44 (0) 75 49921488
http://www.brunellalongo.co.uk

The Unfindable Explained: Data Project Management
A brunellalongo.co.uk Workshop
London, Wellcome Centre, 26 September - 8.30:12.30