What brilliant resources and links!
I also wanted to quickly mention LearnHigher:
*Report writing* has a piece on: is a dissertation just a longer report? and
*Doing Research* which has a section on research itself - with links to the online tutorials Collect this! & Analyse this! Which look at data gathering and analysis.
Best,
Sandra