What brilliant resources and links!
I also wanted to quickly mention LearnHigher:
*Report writing* has a piece on: is a dissertation just a longer report? and
*Doing Research* which has a section on research itself - with links to the
online tutorials Collect this! & Analyse this! Which look at data gathering
and analysis.
Best,
Sandra

On 11 August 2011 09:47, Emily Danvers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Debbie,
>
> I've attached my two pennies worth. It takes around an hour but 2 hours
> would be better so there is more time for questions/discussions.
>
> I find this works well if it comes before or after a session from a
> librarian on searching for resources.
>
> Also, when I deliver central workshops on this (or any aspects of
> dissertations) we do find that having a mix of students from different
> courses raises so many questions about subject specific styles/ways of doing
> things. I tend to have an activity where they look at example reviews and
> just make sure I print off a range from different subject areas. The Writing
> for Assignments E-Library
> http://www.learningdevelopment.plymouth.ac.uk/wrasse/ has some good
> examples.
>
> Sorry if the large file crashes all your emails!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Emily
>
> Emily Danvers
> Senior Academic Skills Adviser
> ASK Academic Skills
> The Library
> Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH
> 01895 266147
> www.brunel.ac.uk/library/ask

University Teaching Fellow
Coordinator Learning & Language Development
LC-206 London Metropolitan University,
236-250 Holloway Road, N7 6PP.
(020) 7 133 4045    www.londonmet.ac.uk/ldu

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo