Plenty in here of interest to librarians, repository managers and content providers

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/news/stories/2011/08/hargreaves.aspx

Dr Malcolm Read, executive secretary at JISC says, “We submitted an evidence-based response to the consultation and are encouraged that crucial recommendations have been included. Such as the need for exceptions for data/text mining, library archiving and parody to support research, teaching, learning. We also highlighted the need to prevent contracts from over-riding the exceptions to copyright, possible solutions for orphan works as well as the streamlining of the processes to clear rights - which have been supported by the Government.” ...

Amber Thomas

Programme Manager, Information Environment Team, JISC Innovation Group

JISC Executive, University of Bristol 2nd Floor, Beacon House, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.jisc.ac.uk

Skype: amber_thomas

Mobile: +44(0)7920 534933