The University of Birmingham is pleased to be hosting a conference on
autism and education. The conference will include experts from the UK
and the USA who will present some of the latest developments in
education research and practice. The particular theme of this
conference will be to showcase and discuss some of the critical ways
in which children with autism can be assessed in school settings and
how these assessments of progress can be related to meaningful
targets, particularly for adult life.

The conference programme has been designed to be of interest and value
to a range of groups. We will have testimonials from adults with
autism who have been schooled in the UK; some of the latest
developments in research will be presented; descriptions of best
practice in assessing children and young people with autism will be
given; and a large group discussion will be held on how different
stakeholder groups can work together to provide improvements in
education for children and young people with autism so they can
achieve their full potential.

The conference is open to all and we particularly encourage
participation from people with autism, parents, professionals and
researchers in the fields of education and/or early intervention.

Cost:
Parents, people on the autism spectrum, staff and students - £20.00
Professionals - £35.00
Registration is available on-site on the day of the event for a £15.00
additional charge.

Conference Programme:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/psychology/news-events/2011/autism-conference-09092011.aspx

Online Registration: