From: DAVIES, John [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 July 2011 14:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FYI Work on visualising the patterns of cultural and sporting participation (including heritage)

 I've just completed some work on  visualising the patterns of cultural and sporting participation in England, that may be of interest. This is based on the Taking Part survey data that is produced by DCMS.Heritage is included in the pictures, although the scope is much wider extending across over a 100 activities. As far as I know, this is the first time this approach has been used on Taking Part. The idea is to try and literally see the bigger picture.

I think it helps bring the numbers to life, although some of the findings are perhaps not that surprising.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/content/imported-docs/k-o/mapping-leisure-rep-jul11.pdf

 I'd be interested in any comments you might have, and feel free to send to anyone who you think might be interested in it.

   Best

 Wishes

   John

John Davies

 Economist

 Government Advice ENGLISH HERITAGE

1 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2ST

+44 20 7973 3840

With all good wishes

Ed

Standards and Guidelines Manager
Training and Standards Team
01793 414719

What's in the pipeline? Find out at
http://swn23:81/sites/thestandardsgroup/Lists/In%20the%20pipeline/AllItems.aspx

Have you, or someone you know, been involved in a restoration project? If so, you could be eligible for a Heritage Angel Award, a new scheme backed by Andrew Lloyd Webber to celebrate the people who save our heritage.
Please visit or forward the link http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/caring/heritage-at-risk/English-Heritage-Angel-Awards/ for more information.