Like most of you, I have a view as to what's going on in England at the moment.  I'm also convinced that I'm likely to be wrong and so I'm not sharing the specifics of it. At the moment, I'm not sure any of us have both knowledge of the specific conditions and sufficient perspective to understand what's going on.  Even if someone does, I doubt his or her ability to communicate it in a way that's not going to cause unnecessary offense. Many of us are uptight  - and when you've had rioting close to you that's probably excusable - and prone to react quickly to points that we don't agree with, regardless of how well they are made.

More importantly, I'm also not sure what this exchange has to do with health equity.

There are many other forums where the causes of this riot can be debated.  Can we get back to arguing at cross purposes about health equity now?

Best wishes,
Richard.

----
Dr Richard Edlin